Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009






Today we had a surprise party for Juli's teacher. I made homemade mint 'n chip ice cream and the rest of the class did a full Mexican buffet. He is really a good teacher. Oh that Tyler keeps growing and growing. He will go to Kindergarten this year. Where does the time go?

We have these 2 jobs, that by “we” I mean Juli and Chaz and I. I took them on last year when our Bishop asked us to have Juli and Chaz work and pay tithing and fast offerings. So we started cleaning the office and doing the recall letters to remind people it’s been a year since they’ve had their eyes checked. I prayed for a way to teach them to work. Then the opportunity to clean the office came about. Be careful what you pray for. The two of them split all the money, even though I spend all the gas money, but that’s not the point. The point is I’m teaching them how to work and build their character. They actually are pretty hard workers now. I make them save half of their money, give 10% for tithing, and they have 40% to spend. Juli likes to save hers up and spend it on Nintendo DS games and Chaz saves his. I just have a hard time finding two days a month that we are available to clean. Life gets so busy.

This week Chaz had 2 choir concerts and Caleb played with the band at the High School. Caleb had a lot of technical difficulties so they didn’t start playing until about 15 min into their lunch hour. Let’s just say they weren’t at their best. The kids in Chaz’s 6th period (not knowing he was their brother) said, “that band sucked”. I think High school kids would’ve said that about whoever played. They are so unforgiving and rude. The choir sang really good at Chaz’s concerts. Out of 10 schools they were the best. When we went to Fontana HS we thought they were going to perform at 10 am. Well, little did we know they just started the program at 10 am and they were the last school on the list. About 2 ½ hours later we heard Chaz sing. As we were sitting in the other concert I leaned over to Taylor and said, “Well at least these last 2 kids are doing things we both like….track and choir. Good times.

Yesterday we moved Benj and Robynne into a 2 bedroom mobile home just down from Caleb and Lisa. It took us about 4 hours. They were pretty organized and they didn’t have too much stuff to move. Life is always interesting and it seems to be getting busier not slowing down!

No comments:

Good Times

Josh Erika Tyler and Elle

Caleb & Lisa

Hawaii May 2007